Transport wheelchairs are companion wheelchairs where the purpose is for a companion to push the user. Most of our transporters have swing-away leg rests, fixed armrests, and side panels.
Instead of the usual ‘large back – small front’ wheels typical of most wheelchairs, light travel chairs have four small wheels providing much easier manoeuvrability of the chair.
How many mobility brands actually CRASH TEST their transport wheelchairs? No other company does except us. We set the bar for High Quality and Safety. Learn more about S-ERGO today and all CRASH TESTED S-Shape Seating Frames. Also learn more about many optional models with removable machine washable and dryable cushions made by AEIGIS® treated anti-microbial coated seating system.
- Transporter chair is a companion wheelchair where the purpose is for a companion to push the user.
- Most of the chairs in this category have swing-away leg rests.
- Most of our companion wheelchairs have fixed armrests and side panels.
- Our companion chairs generally weigh between 18 – 29 lbs.
- Most of our travel chairs are made of durable lightweight aluminum.
- Transport mobility is available in a standard 18″ / 19″ and most are also in a narrow 16″ / 17″ seat width.
Safety and Mobility
For your other mobility needs, browse our selection of wheelchairs, wheelchair accessories and bathroom safety products. You can find wheelchairs with many different features for various body types and sizes. Wheelchair cushions made of gel, foam or with Aegis treated covers can help you stay comfortable throughout the day. Other accessories include seat belts, wheelchair headrests and carry pouches.